10 LIES THEY TELL AT MEALTIMES
- This is deeeeeelicious! You should make this EVERY day, Daddy.
- Mmmmm, this is better than the food at the restaurant.
- Yes, I do want more: I'm not full!
- I'm fuuuuull (the whining inflection is important, here).
- I've always hated pasta.
- Ooops! I 'dropped' those boiled potatoes on the floor. Twice.
- I didn't eat snacks just before supper. (Conceals orange chip crumbs).
- I'm tired/need the toilet/feeling sick…
- That black bit looks like a dead fly, I'm not eating, ever again.
- You cook muuuuch better than mommy, daddy (observe the mommy slump a little in her chair and vow never to cook again).
I've had a week so far of feeding them, and they are still more-or-less upright. They've had the occasional snack to distract them, and I'm using paper plates as much as possible to avoid doing too many dishes, but at least I haven't had to call in UNICEF to prance around in white jeeps with inappropriate sources of nutrition.
9 weeks to go until Neen/mommy comes back.
*makes small calculation*: 9 x 7 days = 63, 63 x 4 people= 252.
252 x 3 meals= 756
756 pizzas@ R50.00 per Pizza= R37 800.00 (not including tips for delivery)- so call it an even R40 000.00
(40000 South African Rand(s) = 4064.01 US Dollar(s)
1 USD = 9.8425 ZAR
1 ZAR = 0.1016 USD)
That's a lot of money.
That's a lot of pizza.
Anyone offering to bake me something?
http://www.gocurrency.com provided the economic expertise; I just sat with a head full of mush after four figures.